Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Who is greeting your customers?


I have always been passionate about customer service...or lack of.  The last 2 days I have entered 2 businesses with different experiences in each but both experiences were negative.  In the first example I entered the business, made eye contact with one of the workers, then she looked away, walked in front of me and with her head turned (away from me) finally said she would be with me shortly.  I was actually there to meet with the General Manager of that location...her boss.  Or rather her boss's boss’s boss, maybe.  This was a retail setting so she should be used to greeting customers, right?  The second example took place today when I entered a customer's retail business and walked around for literally 10 minutes and was never acknowledged, even with a hello.  Needless to say I decided to come back later...glad I wasn't shopping for something I needed.  You can have the best advertising, the best product, the best service but without the best people representing your brand, you will not have success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment